Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 5+6 - I'm Not Les Miserables When I'm Teaching in London!

I was SO tired yesterday, so for future reference - if I don't get a post up, that means I'll for SURE get one done tomorrow.

Day 5 - First Day of School and BestMusicalOfAllTime

It's Monday! The interns and I got up earlier than normal just to make sure that we were to our schools on time. I join the St. John's group and then eventually make my way down to King Athelstan Primary School. Here's the route:

Stumble groggily out of Warwick Lodge.
Rub eyes.
Shuffle on over to the bus stop, get on, get off at College Roundabout.


Cross the street.
The squiggly lines means NO STOPPING.
(tidbit: the zig-zag lines = vehicles cannot wait, stop, or park)


Walk down the street a little way till we reach St. John's Elementary.
Goodbye St. John's group!

Aren't they so cute on their first day of school??


Keep walking on the same street toward King Athelstan for 10-15 more minutes.

This is me on my first day!
Note: I'm just NOW actually awake :) 
That brisk walk turned got rid of the Morning Monster 
(also known as me before 8am)
For the sake of the children.


Turned left and LOOK! 
Their playground.


I made it! That wasn't so bad, was it?
I really do enjoy the route.

Here's the front enterance.


Official Sign.

Didn't realize that it had a partnership with St. John's till just now!!


Spent the morning with the Little Bitties, as Mrs. Smith would call them.
I'm in the Nursery, which is equivalent to our Pre-K.

I would love to share pictures of the children with you, but for the legal reasons, I am not allowed.
But I will tell you they are so precious and there British accents will MELT YOUR HEART.
They could ask me for straight sugar in their accents and I would give in.

Sign in the school:


Lunch break - we get a tea/coffee break and a fruit break.


After school I raced home to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Talbert and a few other interns to Picadilly Square....
Becca and I got lost a bit in London's Chinatown


but finally made it to our destination:


That's right
LES MISERABLES

My favorite book ever. Victor Hugo is a genius. I have had chances to see the musical in the US, but have waited for the opportunity to see it in London if I ever got the chance. 

Here is my dream come true!











Jean ValjeanIt was so wonderful!



Day 6 - Day at School

Today has been nothing special so I will show you some of the centers in the Nursery:


Art Center

             Space Center               Moon Center


Number Center


Reading Center


Writing Center


Cultural Center- focus on Diwali


Snack Center


Color Center


Kitchen Center


Rocket Center


Craft Center


Paint Center


Clay Center


No comments:

Post a Comment