Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 8+9 - Parliament Thursday and Friday


Hello! I am back and well again! I missed traveling with all of you, so I am excited to share what I have been doing for the past couple of days. 

Yep, Thursday and Friday I was pretty sick. It's been nicely ruining lives all up in Warwick Lodge here, and interns are dropping left and right. It's a wonder we're all still here. I got the bug on Thursday and it just camped out till Friday.

On Thursday, I left King Athelstan at noon (I normally stay at 3:30) to meet the group in Surbiton, then ride the tube to London to have a tour of...

Parliament!

You guessed that, right? It's in the title....

Here's the outside.

It's such impressive architecture. Can you imagine this is their version of our Congress?

We're behind a few thousand years.


Oh, look, a street performer.

They are as random as that.

We made it through security!




The guard was so nice, look at that huge gun! Parliament is a REALLY safe place.




Can you guess what kind of trees these are?
Really, guess.
Nope.

Their LIME trees! Did you really get that?? 
Limes at Parliament! Who knew?

On Friday, the nursery children made strawberry shortbread. So cute!



 Nursery kids KNOW how to cook!

Yum.

BTW. 
They sing a song EVERY DAY. I can't get it out of my head. If only I could get it stuck in yours!!

It goes:

Verse 1:
Humph is a camel with brown eyes, 
Humph is a camel with brown eyes, 
Humph is a camel with brown eyes, 
and his favorite word was Humph. 
HUMPH!

Verse 2:
Humph is a camel with knobby knees (x3)
and his favorite word was Humph.
HUMPH!

Verse 3:
Humph is a camel with loooong legs, (x3)
and his favorite word was Humph.
HUMPH!

(this is Humph.)

I KNEW YOU WOULD ENJOY THAT.

After school, I bought a cell phone and ended up shopping at H+M because the Kingston shopping center is actually fantastic on Friday nights!

Got back later than usual and ate at a delicious Indian restaurant.
The homemade naan was just about the greatest thing, sliced bread doesn't come close.

Lo almost killed me when I got back from dinner.

See my next post for what I did for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment